Kendall’s Top Ten things I love about the ATL…these days..
10. Taqueria del Sundown/Sol …. I know I know – but 2 dollar fish tacos, spicy cheese dip and a “hey Kendall…” everytime I walk through the door. I love it!
9. The “new” left turn arrow at the corner of Piedmont/Cheshire Bridge and Monroe Drive … no more sneaking through the parking lot of Franco’s pizza. The fact that this light was erected …gives me hope about seeing an arrow at Ponce/Briarcliff in my lifetime … I love it!
8. Decatur Recreation department. I know that it isn’t technically Atlanta but would Decatur be Decatur if not for Atlanta? I think NOT. Anywhoo, the Dec Rec (hee hee) is awesome …organized with kick ass community involvement and support. If you though Office Space was funny …you should check out Mini basketball games (5-6 year olds) on Saturdays starting @ 1. I love it!
7. That fish tank. I had the pleasure to spend last Saturday stroking the shell of my new best friend – Ray the horse shoe crab. Did you know that horseshoe crab’s blood is used to test drugs for bacteria? Yep and OUR aquarium has them chillin in a tank where we can pet them! I love it!
6. The dude at Two Urban Licks last night that drove up in the 2004 FORD Expedition with the Lamborghini doors ( ya know the ones that go UP when you open them) and the three thousand dollar rims. I gotta tell ya – it looked great! But dude, it’s still a FORD! I love it!
5. The Atlanta White house. Everytime I drive pass this house, I giggle thinking what in the world did Ma and Pa Cressler had to be thinking when they saw that there domicile being built… it’s collosal almost 3 times the size of the ranch houses directly across Briarcliff! I love it!
4. Now more than ever — everything about the shopping plaza on Moreland …The Edgewood Retail District! There’s a RuSan’s over there now. Couple that with the 3 *$ and the Target where the employees actually seem to enjoy their jobs to the point where they actually smile and offer unsolicited assistance ..it’s great! I love it!
3. This is a tough one but in the name of keeping it real … I have to admit that I love Atlanta’s traffic! Just the other day I was sitting it in my car minding my own business – I saw a dude dressed as Santa, a chick dressed like a clown AND … AND a kid whith his mouth stuck on the rear window of his Mom’s Range Rover making funny faces at me. Very very funny — it made my day…all 3 of them! I love it!
2. Fellini’s pizza. Nuff said. I love it!!!
and the number one thing that Kendall loves about Atlanta ….
1. Under Armour! I know technically, there is nothing ATL related there ..BUT boy oh boy …there is NOTHING better than driving down the road on a sunshiney day and seeing the chiseled ‘ceps (tri’s and bi’s) decked out in the UA …jogging. It’s a beautiful thing, y’all … a beautiful thing.